Don't Forget About the Music
Music industry educational resource branding
Don't Forget About the Music is a music industry resource platform initiated by Evita Kaigler, a classically trained musician, and owner of a boutique music law practice in Atlanta, Georgia.
Ms. Kaigler's personal objective is to create change in the music space, and is committed to impacting the lives of the people who comprise it.
The goal of this platform is to create a community and a call to action that enhances the music industry through education and empowerment. It's a platform that understands the creative soul and its desire to grow, often alongside the challenges of getting organized and creating a plan.
Don't Forget About the Music will kick off with a workbook and a website with live components, including videos, exercises, and discussion questions. There will also be a merchandising component to this initiative, starting with a t-shirt.
Within five years, Evita plans to grow Don't Forget About the Music such that:
- the workbook will be required reading in every music business program in the country
- additional initiatives will be developed and added to the platform, such as documentaries/short films focused on musically driven ideas, projects, initiatives, stories, and issues
- it will exist as a think tank where established thought leaders in the music space connect with young and aspiring creatives in developing resolutions to challenges, and to share stories and tutorials
- it will be the go-to place for "TED Talk" like content and small gatherings to discuss music related ideas, issues, and stories
- she will annually tour conferences, workshops, etc. to teach from the workbook
- branded merchandise will become ubiquitous within the music space
College students in music business programs, law students interested in music and music law. Artists, songwriters, music producers, music managers, indie label owners, music business entrepreneurs who are aspiring or experiencing a hard time growing their careers.
Inspirational, musical, powerful, bold, entertaining, edgy, exciting.
Passion and solidarity drive this creative direction. The branding is colorful, bold, and fun, yet makes a powerful statement about never losing sight of the creative soul which fuels music. It speaks to individual empowerment and unity alike. It is a reminder that you are not alone.
The logo visually depicts a burning candle and a flame that doubles as a musical eighth note. Candles signify life, love, celebration, passion, illumination, safety, the inner spirit, and solidarity. Thus, the logo is a metaphor for the vitality of imagination and creativity; of keeping the spirit of music alive in one's heart.
Logo development process
Music: “Time is the Enemy” by Quantic
© Tru Thoughts Recordings, 2001. All rights reserved.
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Examples of branding usage
What do you think?
atomicvibe would love to know your thoughts on this project!